ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Parents in Denial- Advice Needed
View Single Post

Lanieob

Parents in Denial- Advice Needed
Old 02-13-2020, 05:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Can anyone provide some advice on dealing with parents in denial.
I posted about this K student before- significant sensory issues, regulatory issues, attention issues, organizational issues. He needs lots of monitoring and attention. He comes from a private preschool- the preschool director said the parents were informed about their concerns multiple times over the course of several years but he was not sent for evaluation of any kind.
He now gets OT, modificatons, etc. Making some progress- but does not demonstrate readiness for first grade. I just sent home his mid year report card- while celebrating small steps- clearly described the continuing issues. Parents are seeking private OT- which is great-but stated they were glad that he seems to be doing well???? There just seems to be a disconnect- they have to be seeing this at home. BTW- this is their youngest child. He has been brought up to student study team, etc- but I am certain they will never agree to this going forward. So worried about next year. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lanieob is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net