ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - New to 6th Grade. Attitudes galore. HELP!!
View Single Post

ElleC

New to 6th Grade. Attitudes galore. HELP!!
Old 08-23-2018, 09:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,

I am writing on behalf of my sister who just rejoined the teaching world as a 6th grade teacher this year. She was teaching online but needed to return to "brick and mortar" for more pay in addition to teaching online. She previously taught kindergarten and loved it. So, it's only been 3 weeks and she is crying every day saying how awful her students are and how disrespectful they are to her. She's tried so many things and taken tips for online sources but hasn't looked into a forum of teachers, which is why I did because I think it is most helpful. Anyway, she has spoken with other teachers who have had this class in previous years and they state that it isn't all 6th graders, just this particular group of kids, from their own experiences. But, they have no helpful tips. There is just too much to write. Anyone have this problem? Any tips? Leaving isn't an option as she doesn't want to ruin her chances to work at other schools. Thanks.

ElleC is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net