ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Hating life!
Thread: Hating life!
View Single Post

Clarity

I know exactly how you feel.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I once got pushed out of a job due to seniority issues and got plunked into the school from hell. Five classes, four on one campus, one on another. I could have told your same story. I do not know how I lived through it. The kids were horrible and the parents were worse. The principal was great, but the kids did not respect her much, either.

I don't know what to tell you as to how to get your classes back on track. I started making their classroom participation and behavior a percentage of their grade. That worked on some of them, but not all. The kids functioned like gang members. The admin literally told us not to turn our back son them. It was definitely a case of the inmates running the asylum.

Can you call every child's parent and ask them to help get their kids in line? Is this middle school? They are the worst. Is admin helping you at all or are they clueless?

Sending good thoughts out to you. I remember literally counting the minutes each day. Couldn't wait to go home. I did stick it out, but looking back, I wonder why.
Clarity is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net