ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Impossible Standards
View Single Post

Juiceboxes

Impossible Standards
Old 02-28-2019, 09:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My grade level partner is an experienced and masterful teacher. We are primary grade teachers and she has great patience and passion for her kids and teaching. I don't knock her teaching one iota and any kid would be so lucky to have her. I'm a newer teacher and have my own, different style from her - which is fine, right? My class size is double hers and she has 3x the outside help as I do; she also has nearly all high flyers. I typically stay an hour or so after school. She typically stays 4,5 hours and this is no exaggeration. My frustration is that because we are grade level team mates, I am constantly compared to her by staff, helpers, and parents. I have a pair of siblings and some cousins and what wondrous fun (made possible by all the extra hands and hours) things go in her room, I get complaints if the same does not happen in mine. I love my kids and we have great things going on too! It's frustrating to be looked down on or treated as less than by others just because I will not stay until 9 p.m. every night, etc. All the power to her, but that isn't a standard I want to try to live up to.

Juiceboxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net