ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Impossible Standards
View Single Post

UVAgrl928

Old 03-02-2019, 04:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Maybe the child in the wheelchair is why the class size is small. I know my teammates were a little upset the year I had a child in a wheelchair that I was capped at a lower number than them. But honestly, when you have a small classroom, you need to make every area accessible to that child. So smaller roster = fewer desks = more movement. However, the fact that these lists are so unbalanced and why was never explained by admin really bothers me. It's also not ok that all her kids are on or above in the SMALLER class. That year, since I had the smaller class, I offered to take all the students new to the country, a kid that had ED, a few LD kids, etc. I figured they could receive more individualized attention that way- ugh, this is making me heated! Lol

Have you ever talked to her about how to plan better together? I multitask really well on a lot of things, but planning, not so much. I get my best ideas when I'm alone. My teammates know they'll get emails from me at night, or on weekends- they know I don't expect a response right then, that I do it just so I don't forget since I have a terrible memory.

I do have a team at my school that has a similar planning dynamic- the veteran teacher feels that the first year teacher just wants her lessons handed to her, after she has spent all this time and energy planning. I can see both sides. Just continue sharing with her, and hopefully she'll eventually follow suit
UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net