ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Deflated. Demoralized.
View Single Post

Juiceboxes

Deflated. Demoralized.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our general ed department got together today as a group to go over the data for the end of the year assessments students took. This includes tests, benchmark assessments. I know my students have made excellent gains. They came in so behind and now 78 percent is at grade level or above academically. That's up from starting the year with 22% at or above... I've posted in the past about my teammate who I'm always compared to and made to feel not up to par because I do things differently. She also has half my class size and a ton of extra help that I don't have. Here's the kicker : her student achievement was WAY lower than mine. I.couldnt believe it! I felt validated for being my own way for once. Well...that was short lived. My boss told me I was being put on an improvement plan as I'm a newer teacher and he thinks my classroom management struggles are interfering with my ability to teach effectively. I don't understand. I had the lowest kids who are now the highest in my grade level. To make things worse I'm supposed to shadow my grade level partner tomorrow to see how she does things. I'm thrilled with my student growth - I don't want to learn from someone who puts on a Pinterest classroom show in public but has low student achievement. I'm just mad as a hornet underneath a ball cap!!!!

Last edited by Juiceboxes; 05-21-2019 at 01:23 PM..
Juiceboxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net