ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Deflated. Demoralized.
View Single Post

LaFish

Look
Old 05-21-2019, 02:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Take a step back and breathe.
You did the work by raising scores. Celebrate that fact. But test scores are just a part of students’ progress and achievement. My school encourages meeting the needs of the whole child.
Try looking at it this way, admin is offering support to try to help in some way. (Some admin will try to get rid of you.) Were there behavior concerns? Was there clutter in the room that interfered with the flow of the class? Did you or the class arrive on time to specials?

Sometimes it hard to see what good classroom management looks like. I remember bringing my class to have their pictures taken. I overheard the photographer saying, “Good. Here comes someone that knows how to manage the kids as we take pictures.” Apparently, the teacher before me continued to say “Yes, it is so exciting to have each child photographed.” In the meantime the rest of the kids ran around.
I would shadow the other teacher and maybe ask to shadow someone else too. Bring up your test scores and ask what in particular are your strengths/weak areas. Good luck
LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net