ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Has anyone gotten a straight answer about the summer UI?
View Single Post

CC96

Phone
Old 06-25-2020, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

After two hours of frustration, I actually got on the phone with EDD in CA today and learned that, yes indeed they have flagged all education professionals in California and they are reassessing wages that might be due to employees on an individual case by case basis. They actually have a team within EDD assigned to work with school employees. My case is being looked at right now, because I did not get paid yet for the past two weeks, and the district that I work for was indeed in session through the 18th, but as expected, I am having to fight with for these final weeks of pay which I am legitimately due. We will see what happens. All of This being said, I doubt that any of us will see any summertime pay from unemployment. I am not sure how the PUA works, however, I will look into it once I get this UI issue resolved. I’m pretty sure we all know that the letters of assurance we received means absolutely nothing because our schools have no idea what’s going to be happening in the fall and they cannot assure us of anything!

Last edited by CC96; 06-25-2020 at 06:27 PM..
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net