ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Who uses Wonders program?
View Single Post

MM123

Old 03-15-2016, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My district uses Wonders. It is an okay program, I have had to find additional material to supplement for an overall lack of materials (activities, reproducibles, etc.) We have access to the online components and its resources, however it lacks additional practice material on many of the concepts. I have had to purchase additional practice material from TPT, which has helped greatly! The program seems to focus on a particular concept in the unit, and then quickly move away from it, not providing enough opportunity to continually practice it. The concept will occasionally be re-reviewed, but I felt like for what Wonders provided, there just wasn't enough practice opportunities. The stories are not as differentiated by level as they could be, meaning either they are way to easy even for my ELL learners or too difficult for my high level children. Also, it is a huge adjustment to have almost 85%-90% of your curriculum online. Most of your instruction will be given to the children via computer.
MM123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net