ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - First Year Teacher Jitters!!!
View Single Post

nervsteacher

First Year Teacher Jitters!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone! Well, as July is finally here, I have realized that it is NOW time to start freaking out about my new position. I gave myself the rest of June to relax (to the best of my ability) and to devote the rest of summer to thinking about all the things I will be doing come August-September. Well I am officially FREAKED OUT!!

I am a first year teacher with all of the worries that come along with that title. What do I need to know? How will I get through the first week? Who can I rely on? What will I need? How am I going to make it? How am I going to work one-on-one with students, knowing that I have a class of 25+ students? How will I develop my classroom management? How will I deal with behavior problems? How can I push students to try their best, ALL THE TIME?

Believe me, I have more worries, but I guess thats a good amount for now. So if there is one thing that I am grateful for, it is having this wonderful resource to fall back on, for you all have great ideas. So, if there is anything you can say that might make me less worried, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Erica

nervsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net