ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Tell me it gets better, PT docs!!
View Single Post

periwinklez

Tell me it gets better, PT docs!!
Old 11-11-2019, 07:30 PM

DD (2 years old) has been nonstop sick since the beginning of October. She started daycare in October, finished her first week, and got sick with a bad cold virus (paraflu) for over a week. She was running high fevers, had runny nose, and cough. She also had an ear infection. She also took 3 different antibiotics then because the first one didn’t work, the second one she got an allergic reaction to, and she finished off the third one. We sent her back to daycare when she was getting better and she caught ANOTHER virus just 3 days back! We kept her home another week and then sent her back. She was doing well and seemed much better. She just finished another full week this past week and on Saturday, she got sick again!!! She has been having fever, runny nose, terrible cough all over again. Took her back to doctor again and they said no ear infection but ear looks “wet” and not normal. They said she has RSV, common respiratory virus. It has only been a little over a month and she has been sick 3 times. Doctor took a blood test too to see if she has IgA deficiency. He is reluctant to prescribe anything yet because she’s already been on so much medication.

This has been so frustrating and stressful because DH and I have gotten sick twice from this too. DD has been taking probiotics and elderberry extract the past 2 weeks. Poor girl... I am so afraid she will develop asthma from being constantly having cough attacks on and off for over a month now.. and all these fevers also on and off for over a month. We’ve been back and forth to the doctor about 10 times now.

Tell me this is normal and it gets better!

periwinklez is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net