ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Family gift or idea
View Single Post

Gromit

Old 12-16-2020, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
I think they like the company of other students while they are doing their work.
I agree. We also have students who join the zoom and ask to be in a breakout room by themselves. I think they just like the security of knowing a teacher is a “please help” button away.

If you’re talking about other ideas besides just for a special party: we read a picture book first thing each morning and watch a funny video at the end of each day. The shared stories really foster a sense of connection.

We do weekend updates where you have to share something from your weekend - what you read, did, saw, thought, heard, said... at least one thing, no opting out. After a few weeks of shyer kids saying things like, “I breathed,” they’re now telling full stories.

Shared movement builds community so we have hand gestures and movements to indicate approval, agreement, disagreement, dislike, love, etc. And we do 1-2 minute dance parties for brain breaks. Also digital catch where we “throw a ball“ and say someone’s name and they have to pretend to catch it and throw it to someone else.

Lots of pet sharing too
Gromit is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net