ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - virtual schedule thoughts/help
View Single Post

hikinghiker

Old 08-10-2020, 08:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm struggling with my morning too. I set up a calendar and I just don't think it will work. But it's up and I don;'t want to take it down. I'm still pretty determined to somehow find a way to make it work, even if it's just a short sentence.

Here's what I would suggest:

Morning meeting: Come in, say good morning, play your song (though I'd pick one of the 2 min ones instead of a 5 min one). Give them a quick overview of the day and a daily quote. Depending on how many students you have, you can come up with a shared greeting. Dr. jean has a lot of fun name songs you could try, which would help learn names too.

Question of the Day and Morning message: I would move this to your writing time and make it whole group. For example, your morning message could incorporate a question and students could draw their answer (and try to write it too). You could talk about adding details, what a question is, etc. You could even incorporate calendar into this time as well and talk about writing dates and why it's important for journals, etc.

Heggerty usually takes even shorter for me. It depends on how long your wait times are. I would set aside 10 minutes, especially in the beginning. I'll be doing Heggerty in small groups.
hikinghiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net