ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - virtual schedule thoughts/help
View Single Post

iteachk2010

Old 08-11-2020, 01:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We just got word which hybrid plan we are going to do. We'll be doing fully online and ED HD hybrid. For the hybrid, the students attend every day for half day. They leave at lunch time. They will get a bagged lunch and breakfast for the next day to take home. We get our lunch after dismissal. Then they do virtual learning for the rest of the afternoon.

We are responsible for both groups and are supposed to teach the kids online and the kids in school at the same time. We haven't gotten the details of how it will work-just platitudes about what great teachers we are, how talented we are, what a great job we did in the spring...they know we can do it. I am not sure how to even plan.

I think it is important to get a routine established that can be followed whether online or in school. Our parents have the opportunity to switch options every 45 days. That will make it easier for students to transition from one option to the other. It would also make it easier for an ED HD student to move to full virtual if having to quarantine due to exposure to Covid, but not have symptoms, so able to keep working.

We haven't been given our schedules for the in school learning. I am hoping that I will have some flexibility. I am going to be reading everyone's responses. Some of you will be heading back before we do. Our students don't start until the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Are you using Zoom for your whole group times? Will you do read alouds on Zoom for the whole group or do in school with your students and assign the video to the students working virtually?

I think you can do morning message and QOTD together. I did that in the spring. It worked out well. I did it digitally in the spring. I used a Google Slide in Seesaw. Since this year I will have some students in school and some at home. I am thinking about videoing it while I do it with the kids in school on my easel. I am trying to figure out how to do it so the students learning virtually still get to participate.

I am not familiar with Heggerty. Our phonics program has a whole group and small group part. Does Heggerty have both? Does it have videos to share with students or any digital components?
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net