ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - virtual schedule thoughts/help
View Single Post

Sbkangas5

Old 08-11-2020, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Oh iteachk - I am SO sorry! I still can't believe any school thinks that you can teach in person and virtually at the same time. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Quote:
Are you using Zoom for your whole group times? Will you do read alouds on Zoom for the whole group or do in school with your students and assign the video to the students working virtually?
We are using zoom for everything as we are fully online right now. I'm doing a mix of live read-alouds and recorded.

Quote:
Since this year I will have some students in school and some at home. I am thinking about videoing it while I do it with the kids in school on my easel. I am trying to figure out how to do it so the students learning virtually still get to participate.
I was going to do slides for my morning message, but now I'm thinking I might do it on my white board instead like I would IRL. That way I can still point to the words as we read as well as make notes. Plus if we do come back IRL it will be an easier transition.
Quote:
Our phonics program has a whole group and small group part. Does Heggerty have both? Does it have videos to share with students or any digital components?
This is my first year with Heggerty but I'm planning on doing it all whole group - I think it can be done with either. I'm not sure about videos or anything digital, but I'm hoping maybe it does or that they are working on it. I feel like most curriculums are getting more robust online components right now!

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net