ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Not Enough Time
Thread: Not Enough Time
View Single Post

hikinghiker

Not Enough Time
Old 09-08-2020, 10:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone else feeling like there's not enough time in the day with distance learning?

I have my kids from 9:00-9:30 where we listen to morning songs, alphabet songs, and introduce a letter of the day. I then see everyone in reading small groups for 25 minutes per group and math for 30 minutes per group.

Thats it. 1.5 hours of instruction a day, and that's being generous considering some of that time is morning songs for community building, greetings, etc. I'm feeling stressed out like they aren't learning anything. I have work posted for parents to do but it's optional since we don't grade, which means a lot of parents just aren't doing anything on their off time, even though I have 9 options of things do to like computer games, apps, worksheets, youtube videos to watch, family activities, etc. I havent even touched on SS or science because, quite frankly, I don't think they're as important ans reading and math and we don't even have enough time for those two things.

There's so many things I don't have time to teach and at this point, I'm just making a growing list of things that we'll need to catch up on after winter when we hopefully come back.

hikinghiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net