ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Worried about next year
View Single Post

Tuxedocat

Worried about next year
Old 02-25-2020, 09:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all. I haven't posted in a long time. This year, I am working as a PTI Reading Intervention Teacher. I got really (REALLY) sick (almost died!) and was in the hospital last year. As such, I wasn't able to go back full time. So this part time job was really perfect for me in that situation. Before this, I spent the last 11 years or so in private schools. We lived in a county that had a pretty bad public school situation and I chose to work in private education.

We're now in a neighboring county and I'd really love to get back into a full time public school teaching position, but I'm concerned that all my time in private school will make me an undesirable candidate. We had practically no technology, and I know that's what the schools are really pushing now. (I teach Elementary, by the way). I'm a quick learner and definitely not afraid to learn something new, but I'm afraid it's going to be seen as a negative. I'm also 49 years old. As I was just emailing resumes, I'm noticing I'm so much older than most of the principals! I'm so afraid I'm going to be seen as a hindrance rather than a benefit. Any advice?

Tuxedocat is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net