ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - evaluation/couple of partially proficient scores ??
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 02-15-2018, 05:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

No additional advice, but I do sympathize. Do you have rules written down for P and for PE teacher? We got a new p 3 years ago and still feeling the growing pains. She never "knew the rules" and obviously didn't bother to read the handbook that is printed and sent home every year. The first year (and often in the 2nd year) the handbook went with me to meeting with the p. She would tell kids they could bring in balls (handbook specifically says no). She told them they could bring toys (pointed out in handbook where it says no). I just kept bringing it back to show her. She said she was going to change it, but I have to sign every year that I read it and those things have not changed. I have forced her to stay true to it. You can't be waffly on the rules. It causes confusion and conflict in the staff. Rules are made for reasons. I suggest that if you have written guidelines on the things that have been enforced in the past you bring them out. If it isn't written, then the P and the PE teacher can change it, but it still needs to be communicated to staff in an effective manner so that everyone knows the rules. I don't go to PE with my class, so I don't know what the PE teacher tells them. How would I?

As for things in your class..that is some nit picky stuff. Some of it goes against the grain of common sense. I would not like my p dictating to me that I couldn't ask for questions, or have kids work to find mistakes. I think I would be finding some research to back myself up and sharing it with p. I don't think I would happily sign something like that either.

Good luck to you.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net