ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - No prep time
Thread: No prep time
View Single Post

Jasper904

Old 06-26-2014, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Quote:
The bad charters here don't give preps or have extended school day yet you only get one prep.

The good charters realize to get good test scores you have to treat teachers somewhat humanely. The one I worked for was one of the better ones and we actually had 3 forty minute periods of non-student time per day. There were 9 periods and everyone taught or had duty 6 of them.

Unfortunately for me, I am not in the public sector yet. I wish I had done more research about the school I chose to work for.

I get no prep time unless I choose to come in 2 hours early and stay 2 hours late.
I was told that teachers would have a 40 minute prep time 3 days a week during the student's resource but the resource teachers were constantly calling out. The last 2 months of school I had no prep time at all, just my 30 minute lunch break. I couldn't eat at this time because I was using it to catch up on work.

What's worse is that our school does not have a substitute pool so when teachers call out, the children get split amongst the grade level.

Jasper904 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net