ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Returning in person
View Single Post

TheAvatar

Old 07-15-2020, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

If they do reopen they are willing to sacrifice us. They said masks are only mandatory while it is a law, then it will just be recommended. A whole grade level of children will be allowed on the playground and then it must be sanitized by the teacher or aides... Then 3 classes can use the cafeteria while the other class will eat in the classroom. Also desks will not be 6 feet apart, but they will be in rows which is deemed safe enough. Temperatures will not be taken or required to be taken.

I have some major concerns. What about the bathroom? Is it going to be sanitized after each use? The bathroom is the place where the virus is most likely to be caught. My school has two bathrooms for every 2 grade levels. Our grade shares with third grade...it just doesn't seem sanitary. We don't know what happens if we get COVID, if we have to use PPO or unpaid leave or if it will even be excused.

Anyway I feel your pain and I will be resigning if they open up on August 17th. Other districts around me around not starting until October or are starting online as well. I work with a charter as well and know they will not likely change their mind unless the state makes them.
TheAvatar is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net