ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What would you suggest for this child?
View Single Post

MrsM

What would you suggest for this child?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am waiting to find out whether I serve this child, or whether his IEP cancels out my including him. He has neurological damage, and his eyesight may change from day or day, or hour to hour. He is learning Braille, and sees a special ed. teacher every day for that and for training on his equipment. The equipment enlarges any text to a size he can read it.
For instance, if I were to make a sentence here in #7, like this, he may be able to read it.
It may still be too small for him to see well. He would be squinting at it for quite a while to decipher the words. He reads below grade level, but I can very much understand why if he rarely has text that he can read.

My question is, if in fact I will serve this child, what do you suggest? Chances are, he isn't missing much except experience and practice in reading. He would bring a large magnifier with him, like a glass paperweight the size of a saucer and as thick as a dictionary, to enlarge any text I put before him. I suppose, as with any child, I will wait and see what I can determine when he arrives. Any additional ideas?

MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net