ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Current admin question
View Single Post

TeachChicago

Current admin question
Old 05-22-2015, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For those of you who currently have a job and have interviewed, how do you handle the question "Can we contact your current employer?" I have a pretty good relationship with my current admin, but I do not trust her one bit. I also have only been working with her for 1 year. She has given me good ratings on my observations. However, I am concerned she will tell my superintendent and/or will hold this against me if I do not get an offer or if I do not accept the position (I am not tenured yet). I am also concerned that if they do talk to her, she might tell them something that is in accurate or try to sabotage me. I do not know her well enough to know if she would do this, but as I said, she is not someone I can trust.

I have an interview in 2 weeks and do not know how to deal with this question. I was told by someone I know that if the district I am interviewing in is interested, they will want to contact my current admin. My previous admin is on the interview team, so she can't be contacted either. I do have a letter of reference from a colleague who knows I am interviewing. Suggestions?

TeachChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net