ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - This is not teaching
View Single Post
ConnieWI ConnieWI is offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,122
Senior Member

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,122
Senior Member
Old 11-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Clip to ScrapBook #6

Is it possible that the disruptive student you mentioned could get a 504? That way, he would have some goals and these goals could include getting assistance from special ed, your school psychologist, and school counselor.

I would also find out if social services is involved in his life. Perhaps they could intercede with his grandparents so the child could get the help he needs even though his grandparents are reluctant to do so.

If social services is involved, his grandparents are getting paid each month to care for this child. However, social services may have a lot of power to change the circumstances within this child's school day.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.