ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - For those with districts going with distance learning.
View Single Post

teachnkids

Old 08-02-2020, 09:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Quote:
I don’t think there is anything wrong with teachers finding space in the margins of their day for relaxation. We were working twice as hard and twice as long, if I want to go for a run before my zoom call and do grading at 10pm or if I want to do my remote work from my mountain cabin, who cares?
I agree with your comment, but there have been stories of teachers not communicating their students at all or rarely. There were also posts on social media of teachers hanging out at beaches, going kayaking, going on long hikes during "the school day". This gives the impression that teachers were not doing their job. It stems from many factors including districts not giving enough guidance for teachers. Some worked their butts off, others did little to nothing. It also stems from parents not understanding the virtual models that districts set up. Lots of heat on districts to make sure teachers are earning their check.

Quote:
.I don't know what they were doing, but apparently in my district there were families who didn't hear ANYthing from their child's teacher once schools closed (the district gave out packets, but teachers were still expected to engage virtually with students, help with support, etc).
Exactly!!!
teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net