ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - For those with districts going with distance learning.
View Single Post

Gromit

Old 08-02-2020, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Quote:
agree with your comment, but there have been stories of teachers not communicating their students at all or rarely. There were also posts on social media of teachers hanging out at beaches, going kayaking, going on long hikes during "the school day". This gives the impression that teachers were not doing their job. It stems from many factors including districts not giving enough guidance for teachers. Some worked their butts off, others did little to nothing. It also stems from parents not understanding the virtual models that districts set up. Lots of heat on districts to make sure teachers are earning their check.
The answer is not to endanger and complicate the lives of the professionals who are doing their job. It is to find ways, as the administrator whose job it is to manage staff, to hold those teachers accountable.

Administrative incompetence such as this is infuriating even when I donít have to deal with it. If they had done their job appropriately, slacker teachers should never have been able to get away with not contacting families in the first place if contacting them was the expectation.

I canít imagine anyone at my school dropping the ball like that last spring, but if we had, our principal would have known about it pretty quickly.
Gromit is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net