ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Get An Idea of Your Own
View Single Post

all41

Get An Idea of Your Own
Old 12-20-2019, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Sorry - this will be long but I need to vent it out and let it go so it doesn't bother me all vacation.

I teach in a very small, rural school district. There are 2-3 teachers in our elementary department (we are a dept. of 6) are total b!tches. They would walk right by you and look the other way rather than helping you up if you needed it. Just not very nice people. I have taught there for 7 years. Each Christmas I give my students a blanket as a gift. I have pictures of each class with their blankets hanging in my room. Last year the B!tch in the grade below me gave her students the EXACT same thing for Christmas. WTH!! One of the other members of the B!tch squad made a comment on how rude that was of her to do that. Guess What....they both gave the EXACT same blankets to their students this year. Both teachers teach grades below me.

I feel that was incredibly rude and down right hurtful to me. I had a good idea, was implementing it consistently and got wonderful comments from students and parents about the thoughtful gift. This is the same tradition I have had since I became a teacher and have pictures of my other classes from former school. They both know this.

It looks like I am in search of a new tradition. This sucks!

all41 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net