ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Get An Idea of Your Own
View Single Post

sisterwoman

Old 12-22-2019, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #33

I would not allow these rude teachers to cause you to change a meaningful activity that is a tradition for you. You sound like a very creative teacher so I would just alter it a bit so that it remains special to you and them.

I had a similar experience where a friend copied an activity that I did with my classes for years. A parent had suggested the activity to me. Parents signed up to come at lunchtime to read to a small group of students while they ate lunch in the classroom. It was nice because children heard a new story, had a parent read to them, and students received special attention. She even changed the name to something really silly. I had not thought about this in a while but it makes me mad to think about it. They should have enough pride in themselves to come up with their own ideas.

I always wanted my students to remember something different and special about being in my class so I understand how you feel. You might want to put the year and your initials at the bottom of any written activities that you create so that you maintain ownership of your ideas even if they copy it.
sisterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net