ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - FB Marketplace/Messenger Question
View Single Post

tia

FB Marketplace/Messenger Question
Old 12-21-2019, 12:02 PM

if people have messaged you about an item you're selling....and you then mark it as "sold", if you go back to a message and send one to one of those people, do they get it?

back story: i put some leg warmers and boot cuffs (all new in packages) up for sale on a closed (98% good dealings with) FB site but also opened it up to FBM--cause much wider audience---have had 70% good luck with that.

people! i had over 20 different buyers interested!!!!! i stopped telling people where they were in line at 15 and just said sold, sorry. but didn't mark as sold because was still making arrangements.

the first person who wanted them could only pick them up when i wasn't home--wanted to venmo or some other e-pay which i don't do. i said i'd leave on porch (was extra effort for me to take care of) and she could put $ under matt. i get home--still there. sighhhhh...

other people wanted to "trade" with me or give me $ off a massage. one gal said she wasn't "mobile RN" one person sent me her email address instead of actually telling me she wanted them. one person thought maybe i would drive 20 miles out of my way to make 5 bucks. come on!!!

*at one point, i did mark them as sold because it was actually happening....and then it didn't.

so i've gone through the first eight, i think, people now....for one reason or other....and the last 2 aren't replying. i'm wondering if it's because my messages aren't going through because it's under a "sold" item???

i'm about ready to re-post it and say "not trading, don't offer me monopoly money, don't message me if you can't come get it..." so annoying!!! (i even vented about people being flakes to one person and she commiserated AND THEN FLAKED OUT ON ME!)

tia is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net