ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How should a new teacher with Tourette Syndrome break the ice
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 07-25-2017, 02:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Had you signed a contract yet?

This kind of thing might happen in schools, I know that. Our "contract" actually says something to the effect of "We intend to employ you for the next school year unless budget or numbers cause us not to." Leaves you with a real good feeling.

However, I think you have a good reason to be consider some sort of action. Is there a union? Can you contact your city/state EEO board and put the question to them?

I once was hired for a job when I was 6 months pregnant. I did not offer that info, and they could not ask. I wore fat clothes to the interview. After I started work and they knew for sure I heard a comment that made me know that if they had known I was pregnant they would not have hired me. I know I made the right choice by not sharing that too soon.

I really would consider calling people up the chain and complaining that you feel like it was retaliatory. However, if you do that, know that will make it harder to find employment later on with the district.

I am sorry that this happened and I sure hope it was just coincidence. In the future, I would still stand by sharing the information, but not too quickly.

kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net