ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Los Angelas, California
View Single Post

cvt

Los Angeles
Old 06-08-2022, 03:19 PM

There is so much to do and see in LA. If you have never been, just FYI it is a very spread-out place, and having a car makes it easier to get around. Where are you staying?

My favorite places are mainly the museums: The Getty Museum and The Getty Villa (they are in different locations), the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), The Broad, and so on. I haven't been to the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures yet, but it is on the list for my next trip. I also enjoy La Brea Tar Pits and the Griffith observatory. Many of the museums require advanced ticket purchase.

Downtown LA is interesting, and I like the Grand Central market. You can find great food at the many food stands, and it is great people watching. The last time I was there, I couldn't find an empty table to eat, so I asked some random guy if I could share his table. We ended up talking, and he lived above the market and was a stand-up comedian. He probably joked that night about a little old lady sharing his table and having no clue how important he was.

While downtown, check out the Bradbury building, which is from the 1890's. They also filmed the original Blade Runner in the building. Not too far from there is the LA library, which has a beautiful art-deco design with colorful murals. I don't want to discourage you from going, but you are bound to see the in-your-face homeless encampments in the downtown area (Skid Row).

Depending on how long you will be in LA, I recommend the "Hidden Stairs" of Los Angeles. They are a great way to see some of LA where real people (not movie stars) live. You can Google them and pick the ones that seem interesting to you. Of course you have to like climbing staircases .

While in LA, you have to eat Mexican food, preferably from a hole-in-the-wall place or food truck. LA is a foodie town, so you can find some amazing foods.

It is also nice to get out of LA by heading to Santa Monica and Venice Beach as well as Malibu.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net