ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - State Certification For Sub Teachers
View Single Post
luv2teach2017 luv2teach2017 is offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 307
Full Member

Joined: May 2017
Posts: 307
Full Member

Old 08-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Clip to ScrapBook #5

In CA you need a bachelors degree and you have to take a general math and language test to substitute.
I'll add that in CA you also must be state certificated., i.e. have either a CA teaching credential or a CA substitute teacher permit that you must renew each year.

I do think that classroom substitute teachers should have a Bachelor's degree and pass a proficiency test as well state certified. But they also should be paid accordingly.

Last edited by luv2teach2017; 08-16-2019 at 01:21 PM..
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.