ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Tough Decision for the Kids
View Single Post

Beach Glass

Tough Decision for the Kids
Old 07-29-2020, 03:00 PM

DD1 and her fiancé set their wedding date last fall for September 19, 2020.

A small wedding - 75 people total - at a beautiful, private developed hot springs (reminiscent of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture) in the Rockies near our summer place.

And then Covid19 arrived. Since there was so little known about it, they stayed the course, although moving up the RSVP deadline to August 1.

Well, based on the rapidly growing COVID numbers in the states where guests and family members are from, they have decided to reduce the guest numbers to immediate family and the small wedding party (2 groomsmen, 2 bridesmaids).

DD1 told me they did NOT want to be responsible for anyone contracting the virus at their wedding. Data in this state has indicated weddings have caused spikes.

As a domino effect, the caterer had to be changed, for it was not economically feasible to travel 4 hours round trip for a wedding dinner of 15-20. Thankfully, just today I found a top notch caterer who was free that day, closer, and was understanding and happy to help out.

My wonderful daughter summed it up beautifully throughout the change of plans when she reminded me that it’s not the wedding, it’s the marriage that really counts. Gotta love her level-headed attitude. ❤️

And so now all the reservations that the motels had already CANCELED on our guests and family, because Kevin Costner’s production company for “Yellowstone” was extending their planned filming schedule , is moot.

They will still have a lovely wedding, albeit not what they had envisioned, and are embracing it. As a favor, they are asking all guests to send them a photo dining on Mexican food that night (what they had planned) so they can have memories of their wedding in a very unusual year.

I need to start sewing 20 wedding-themed masks.

Beach Glass is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net