ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Share your Shares!
View Single Post

GoTeachers

Mystery Box
Old 01-02-2010, 08:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do a Mystery Box. I've written here about it before and I got the idea from somewhere online (can't give credit to anyone in particular).

Anyway, I have a bag that contains a box with a little notebook in the bag. The notebook is actually index cards, hole punched, on a ring. Each day a new student takes the bag home and puts an item in the box. They write (in the notebook) 3 clues. The next day they bring it and during Morning Meeting they get out the box and do a gentle shake. Then, they read the first clue. We let 2 other students try to guess what's inside. They read the clues until someone guesses what is in the box. Then, when they guess or it has to be told, they get to share a little something about what they put in the box/bag.

It goes pretty quick and they really look forward to having their turn to take it home. I start it early in the year and each student gets to take it home several times.

Attached is the letter that I put on construction paper, laminate and keep in the bag for parental reference. Hope this helps someone stay motivated to let their students continue to share.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Mystery Box letter.doc (33.0 KB, 250 views)

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net