ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Subbing when the teacher is in the room.
View Single Post
Lynette12

Lynette12

Old 01-24-2010, 04:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

The times I really get frustrated are when the TA gets all upset because I teach different than the teacher in Kinder. So everytime I teach Kinder. I talk with the students during a morning meeting and we go over the classroom rules and then I explain that I may not teach the same way as their teacher and that is ok. I am hoping the TA will 'get it' I also explain that we will do all the assignments the teacher has for me to do. Many classes do not have a TA though or the TA is so great I don't have to worry about her interupting me to tell me 'that is not the way we do it" Students will say that too and unless it is really important like: "we have to be in the cafeteria at a certain time for lunch" then I just tell them "It is ok if we read a story before recess." Students need to learn to accept change and the different way teachers teach. Flexibility is part of teaching and a good thing for students to learn too.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net