ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - No Longer Subbing
View Single Post

Mrs. Poppins

Fill Your Cup
Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

First of all, I am sorry that you are having health problems and hope you will be feeling better soon! I have enjoyed reading your "spirited" posts since I've been a member; I appreciate your "tell it like it is" way of getting your point across! It's an absolute crying shame subs don't get paid more, especially if you work at schools with chronic behavior problems, non-supportive administration, crazy work conditions, etc. Hats off to you for teaching as long as you have...most of us probably won't last that long! I have to say, as I have in one other post, that I am one of the lucky ones. I work in a low income district, made up of African Americans, Caucasions, and Hispanics equally. Our schools are "no tolerance" and the administration firmly adheres to this rule. They are always supportive of subs, and welcome our opinions and suggestions. We still don't get paid very much, really really not much, but it's nice to know that our school district seems to really care. My hope for you, is that when your health improves, you will find something to do that fills your mind and spirit!

Mrs. Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net