ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Share your Shares!
View Single Post

sweetp422

Student of the Week
Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I found an "agenda" for the Student of the Week online. On Friday, I let the students know who next week's SOTW will be. On Monday, we interview the student. Tuesday, the student reads their favorite picture book, or I will read it. On Wednesday, the student shares a box that they decorated. The box contains pictures, toys, collectibles, or whatever the student wishes to put in it. On Thursday, the student invites someone to have lunch with them. If nobody can come, I work out something with another teacher, so a friend can have lunch with them. I try to make sure that the SOTW has a special guest for lunch. On Friday, each student writes about the Student of the Week, and we make it into a book.

Last year, we finished all the students, so we asked the principal to be our SOTW. I actually had a racecar theme, so we had a Driver of the Week. The principal brought in a picture of her favorite driver. This year we have a Hollywood theme, so we have a Star of the Week. The students feel special. Even if they don't celebrate birthdays, they can participate in this activity, and have their moment to shine.

Last edited by sweetp422; 02-02-2010 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: added more info

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net