ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Pretty please!...teaching rounding to 4th
View Single Post

TeacherCarrie

Pretty please!...teaching rounding to 4th
Old 03-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Okay, so they have learned this already in 3rd and some what in 2nd as told to me by the teachers who teach that grade level at my school. They taught it using a number line and asking what number is a so and so number closer to.

I have done the same. We do Mountain Math and Daily Math, which both have rounding/estimating in them. But no matter how many times I remind my students how to do it and show them a quicky...they can't do it! It's on the state test coming up in 3 weeks (we'll be on Spring Break for two of those weeks).

How oh how do you teach this to your kids? I plan on teaching it for two days and having them practice it. I want to know a good strategy for teaching it and getting the kids to remember it easily. It should be something so easy...but these kids just can't! It makes me furious to know they have learned it and that they just can't make it stick. I want to make it stick! AHHHHHHHHHHH!

TeacherCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net