ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How are your IEP meetings structured?
View Single Post

whatever

Meetings here
Old 12-01-2017, 04:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I will say that I teach MS/HS so most of my parents have been to at least 6 or more IEP meetings by this time. We try to make sure that we touch on each section even if it is to say, "This section is about ___, it remains unchanged. Student is still _____."

We do have conversation but it is in the same order as the IEP sections. There is a little more in certain sections. The Changes since the last IEP, testing, goals, etc. The student strengths are just prior to that though so those are mentioned first.

In the Changes since the last IEP section, our Director likes us to follow a certain procedure there. We summarize the goal from the last IEP, tell the progress and tell where we hope the child will go from there. Then we make the new goals based on that. We do that for each of the goals for the last IEP and the new goals. That way the parents hears the deficits, the progress and the hope (new goal) close together.

We also try to at least touch on each section because it sets a pace that leads the meeting to the end. This, this, that and "do you have any additional comments or questions? OK. Thanks for coming in. At that point, the gen ed teacher usually stands to leave and the parent usually follows the lead.

I would think that if we "just had a conversation" about the child, the meetings would not have a logical and noticeable conclusion.
whatever is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net