ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Self contained classrooms
View Single Post

musicmeg222

Old 06-26-2019, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thanks for the responses GoodEnough85 and lovethosekid!!!

I will be teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students with ID in a self contained classroom. I'm not sure of their levels as I don't have access to their IEPs yet. I'm getting a ton of materials, information, and suggestions, so I think that will really help. I'm mostly worried about providing instruction to students of different abilities. They are in different grades, but I think most of their abilities will be the same. I'm also hoping I will be able to get into my classroom with plenty of time before the school year starts. I have two mandatory trainings as a new teacher two weeks before school starts, so I would need access about three weeks before. I'm really hoping my new location will give me early access. I haven't seen the classroom at all, so I'm not really sure what it even looks like. I was told I will have approximately 22 students on my caseload, but I heard the district cuts off at 18, so I'm not sure yet. What is the max number of students everyone has had on their caseloads?

Any other suggestions or tips? I'm getting excited about this position, but also nervous. There is so much to know and remember!!
musicmeg222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net