ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Self contained classrooms
View Single Post

musicmeg222

Old 07-07-2019, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hey everyone,

The weeks are counting down and it's almost time for the new school year to start. I don't have access to my student's IEPs and I have not seen my classroom yet, so preparing for the new year has been difficult.

I've been talking with other teachers who have given me many helpful tips and suggestions, but I'm looking for more help. They suggested that I write a basic 'beginning of the year' letter to send home with students. They also suggested that I create a student survey to help me learn more about my students. I will be teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students with intellectual disabilities in a self-contained classroom. I'm not familiar with their goals yet, but I don't believe they will be able to fill out a student survey on their own. I think this is a great idea and it would allow me to refer back to their surveys to learn about each of them. I could ask them to answer questions verbally, but then I won't have a physical copy of their responses. As a new teacher, I'm not familiar with many ways to modify suggestions such as the idea of a student survey.

I recently completed a professional development training on anchor charts - charts, rules, or large posters with information colorfully handwritten. I'm sure any visuals will be a huge benefit for my group of students, but I'm not sure what exactly to include on these charts. I feel that I have a basic understanding of teaching, but I'm not familiar with modifying instruction or these posters.

Can anyone give me suggestions, tips, or any helpful advice?

Thanks!

musicmeg222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net