ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - 5-Year-Old Thrown from Balcony of Mall of America
View Single Post

Tori58

Old 08-07-2019, 10:46 AM

Yeah, if you've ever been to the Mall of America (or "the Sprawl" as Twin Cities residents often unlovingly call it) you know that you could be looking right at a child but if you're standing near the railing someone could easily grab a child and throw him before you could even process what you're looking at. And yes, people do love to stand near the edge of the balcony to watch the theme park.

I remember hearing about this story at the time and being horrified. It really is a miracle that this little boy survived. And, once again, there were plenty of warnings that the perpetrator was mentally unstable. He'd been banned from the MoA previously. Minnesota, and Hennepin county in particular (if that's where he lived) have some of the best mental health programs in the country so I don't understand why he wouldn't have been being treated.

In these parts, the Mall of America is often a stop on high school field trips to the Twin Cities. I always hate it because, despite tons of security, I've always felt that it was deceptively dangerous.

Tori58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net