ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - 5-Year-Old Thrown from Balcony of Mall of America
View Single Post

MAsped

Old 08-07-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
When kids are 5 parents don't hover directly over their child and usually give them some space. What in the world would ever make parents think they had to hold their child's hand in the mall...
Woah, well they should in a crowded public place like that. If you don't think 5-yr-olds don't need their hands held in a usually crowded place, especially a huge place like the MoA, I don't know what to think. Let's let them run wild then and at the amusement park too while we're at it.

That's why I like the idea of those "leashes" that we see some parents have attached to their child. But let me guess, it's too "inhumane" because it's like we're treating our kids like animals. Plus, I know the bad guy out there could quickly cut the "leash", but hey, it's better than nothing...any little precaution to hopefully, help prevent things from happening. A potential kidnapper may see that and it will deter him and he'll move on to another child who's more easily accessible and who's family is not being observant.

It's like the thief won't go through the trouble of robbing a home with a camera, cactus lining outside of the windows, and a dog outside, etc. He' go to an easier house to rob. SO anything to help deter is very important as well. Maybe if this child had a leash attached, the perpetrator wouldn't want to be bothered with all that, so he moves onto something easier.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net