ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - 5-Year-Old Thrown from Balcony of Mall of America
View Single Post

choppie70

Old 08-07-2019, 02:02 PM

I agree that yes, you are entitled to your opinion and can say what you want.

It is evident that you do not have kids. We have all said at one time or another, "when I am a parent it will be this way..." then you become a parent and realize it is just not that easy! There are times when you are literally just trying to keep your #### together!

This does bother me and I do take offense, having been in the situation I found myself in:

Quote:
"but I just turned around for a second..." Whatever we have to do at that moment can either wait OR we take the child with us by the hand, then walk back and continue OR whatever it is.
I guess I should have tied my daughter down, or maybe pinned her to the floor with my knee so she didn't move when I "turned around for a second".

It is so easy to say the parents should have done this, or done that... or I would do it this way...

It is not always so black and white, or as easy as you describe. I am sure the parents are beating themselves up over what happened.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net