ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What about Adaptive Behavior Students?
View Single Post

VAreader

That's such a good question.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I deal with issues such as this I have a lesson with my children about the meaning of fairness. I believe that in order to be fair, we have to give each student what they need to succeed. I tell my class that we all have a "thing" we need to work on. I use the example of me staying patient and me keeping my desk organized. I tell them that I need extra reminders to stay patient and I need help keeping organized. I let other kids give examples of the "things" they have to work on and what we as a class can do to help. Then I bring the conversation back to the child with behavior issues and we talk about as a class what we can do to help him/her to be successful and that one way that I think I can help is to encourage positive choices. I feel like in the classroom children are so aware of each other and this helps them feel accepted.

I hope this was helpful. It sounds like your school is really on top of things with a good plan. Good luck!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net