ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - School Starting
Thread: School Starting
View Single Post

amiga13

Old 08-26-2019, 05:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
Retirement is glorious.
travlingfar, I’m so glad you posted this. Yesterday I read all the posts by people who dislike retirement. I have such a different view of the world. I started to think there was something wrong with me for loving retirement.

I strongly believe life is what we make it. I spent the first 1.5 years of my retirement taking care of my DH 24/7. I did the best I could. Now I am no longer a wife or a teacher and I believe it is up to me to make my life happy.

If you define yourself as a teacher and live for teaching, maybe you shouldn’t retire. As far as I know, there are no mandatory age retirements in teaching. I wish everyone would retire when they’re ready. To me, this is right up there with the folks who retire then “discover” they need money. (And in case you want to criticize me, please know I seriously loved teaching, was a respected teacher, and retired at 65.)

I think life is a series of stages and it is up to us to find ways to make them enjoyable. I understand people who complain about the burden of raising kids on a limited income, but I will never understand people who whine about having free time.

I agree, retirement is glorious.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net