ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - School Starting
Thread: School Starting
View Single Post

TchrFvr

I agree somewhat...
Old 08-26-2019, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree that having my own time to do with what I want is wonderful! I am only just beginning to understand that I can actually do that (smile!)

But for some of us, retirement is difficult. I loved teaching, and I miss it - that doesn't mean that there's something wrong with me or that I won't eventually adjust to, and sincerely enjoy, retirement. For me, it's also that something I've done my whole life - work! - is not easy to move away from (and my mom would chastise me for ending a sentence in a preposition, but it sounded to weird to say "from which to move" (grin!))

There are many reasons that people retire, and some not by choice, so being "ready" is not always an option. I would have liked to teach for a few more years, but my husband was ready to retire from teaching, and he's 10 years older than I am (he's 74) and being with him while he enjoys his well-earned retirement is important to me.

I'm glad you made the adjustment to retirement easily, and with your inspiration, I am looking forward to the day I can write here and say - "I can't believe I ever had doubts about retiring!" (smile!)
TchrFvr is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net