ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Not learning from my CT
View Single Post

PEPteach

Old 05-06-2019, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm so sorry you're having a bad experience. Is this student teaching or is this a clinical? I'd alert your supervisor, for sure.

Of course the language is horrific (grounds for firing?), but this really concerns me, too:
Quote:
He tells me to walk around the class to make the students do their work and to keep them quiet,
I don't know what grade level you are, but being quiet and doing "work" does not equate with learning! I would hope any CT nowadays would be giving hands-on learning where students have the opportunity to interact. Not that quiet work time doesn't have it's place (it definitely does) but that isn't the vibe i'm getting from you.

Look that unit over, learn the topic well, and find a cool way to get those kids excited about what they are about to learn! Perhaps do a SHORT pre-assessment, but mostly focus on engagement.

I really hope this isn't your student teaching experience. If he leaves you alone, are you allowed to teach how you want? Or is it merely "monitoring" that he expects?
PEPteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net