ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Chores all weekend
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 05-08-2019, 03:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have used the Walmart free pick up service. You still have to go to the store, but you don't have to spend the time shopping. When they first rolled it out, I had a couple of bad experiences in a row so I quit doing it. This year I tried again and everything has been fine.

I do feel like I spend less because I can see what I'm spending in real time as I add things to my online cart. If I search for a product, I can easily see all of the brands and add the cheapest one. I can also see how much I'm spending on ingredients for a recipe- before I didn't necessarily realize how much more expensive some particular recipes are to make. You can play around with adding/removing items to stay within your budget- something that would take forever to do manually in the store. It also of course eliminates any impulse purchases.

For a brief time this winter, I didn't have a car and I used the delivery service. I think it was something like $8, plus a tip to the driver. In that situation it was absolutely worth it because that was less than uber back and forth to the store, but normally I wouldn't spend that. The store is on my way home from work so if I'm doing pick up it takes maybe 5 minutes out of my day. That's worth not paying for the delivery fee!

I've just learned that Target now has a free pick up service too in my area. I'm excited to check that out too!
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net