ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Students in 1st period for 1 hour before class starts.
View Single Post

tyrex

Old 05-16-2019, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Ideally I would not allow them to use the computers at all. They may start on academic sites but will then will just go to Youtube and games. (Maybe your school has good filters, though.)Then you're going to have to spend your time monitoring what they're doing. I also would not make it another prep for me of having to think of engaging activities. That's like adding a whole other class to your schedule. And like you said, you don't want to use up engaging activities that they'll then get sick of when you want to use them in your curriculum.

And to be honest, unless you're choosing to make this a computer club, you really don't want kids who could come later start to be dropped off early to play on the computers.

If you think you'll get too much pushback from parents or admin, I'd allow the computers only for school assignments, typing practice, or Khan academy. Otherwise, no screens, just reading, homework, maybe coloring pages or word searches.
tyrex is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net