ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Can Title Teach Work with Student on an IEP?
View Single Post

teabreak

Why not?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have never heard that a student on and IEP can't receive Title I services. Anytime a student with an issue with learning can double dip there shouldn't be a problem unless it interferes with the IEP.

As a case manager and SPED teacher, I have quite a few students that receive both IEP services and other services offered to their peers. How would a school that receives Title I money and special ed money turn any student away? That seems strange to me.

There is no law out there that prevents a student on an IEP from also receiving services granted by Title I.

Quote:
Title I and IDEA are revenue streams for public schools. These funds do not follow individual children.

Title I provides federal funds to improve the education of disadvantaged children. IDEA provides federal funds to help schools and school districts educate children with disabilities. Some disadvantaged children who attend Title I schools have disabilities and receive special education services under IDEA. - See more at: http://www.wrightslaw.com/nclb/faqs/....eVOCiTnS.dpuf
Does this help you any?
teabreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net